Gone Scouting: Day 2

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Gone Scouting: Day 2

Post by WayneO42 »

The rest of the night goes uneventfully. You awake to a day that promises to be clear and sunny.

*OOG: If you would like to continue roleplaying the night out, do it in Gone Scouting: Day 1. The next day will continue in this thread
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*after hours of holding his flame, eli fell into a standing sleep and slowly sank onto the ground behind Kathryn. There in a crumpled heep he slept through the night, in a possition that would make most men think about how their neck would hurt the following day. Of course being a child his auto heal kicked in as he woke up...

YAAAANNNNN...

Did we win??? I must of been hit again.. last thing I remember I was facing them down with my powerful magics!

:onfire:
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn smooths down the hair that is sticking out all around Eli's head*

We won so far! Who's to say what creatures today will bring though?
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

:) smiles real big.. then once she turns her back... "fixes" his hair...

huray for the good guys.
lets go... wake up you sleepy heads.. shesh.. don't have all day, I mean well we do, but not for sleepin, for walking.. I need a horse.. or a pony... hmmm maybe a griffon.. or a drake.. yeah...(eyes get all big and round... :shock: a drake... that would be greaaaattt...but no drake... not yet anyway, so we need to walk.. hey where you guys going... hey wait for mee.... :lilangel:

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Varys Snow
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Varys Snow »

*Varys is roused by Eli’s voice and comes alert immediately.*

“Oohhh! My back is sore! Oh well, I suppose it is better than some alternatives. I am glad whatever they were didn’t come back again last night. Jason, was there any more sign of them on last watch? I wonder why they just broke off.”

*Varys starts taking a look at McEwan and Fy’ Rin…

“All right men, let’s make sure there are no after-effects of having those arrows in you. Jason, check out Tarn over there before we go. Eli’s right. We’ve got a long day ahead of us and we need to get going. Everyone keep a watch out for anything out of the ordinary. We don’t know if we are just passing through their area or if they are tracking us for some reason. Jason, keep a sharp eye out for any humanoid tracks.”

*As they start walking, Varys falls into step next to Eli and starts talking to him in low tones while keeping his focus on the surrounding areas.*
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin after staying with the gourp a while after starting out, heads off ahead of the group scout."
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

*While everyone is talking and breaking camp, McEwan, pulls his armor to the side at his hip and, useing a dagger, digs the arrow head out. He looks at it a moment in discust, then tosses it to the side. He then packes up the furs and meat from the previous night, houst most onto his own shoulders and distrubutes the rest amongst the rest of the packs*

Aye, a drake would be a fine thing, their skins sell for a good price, but I hear that their meat is a bit tough.
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm looks around at the lot of them. Gets out his armor and shield, and makes himself ready for a long march. Reajusting his strap's and leggin's, cracks a smile at Eli and McEwan.*

"Nice to see the two of you have not lost your sence of humor over that little pip last night. And yes drake meat is as tough as steel. But it has a nice sweet after taste. *grins* An I agree Mcewan a good drake hide would be a kings ransom if we could get one.

*Stop to wonder what a nice kings ransom would look like. But than snap's back into his tran of thought of a long march.*

"Varys we got a long hard march ahead of us. An I for one am not willing to be sniped again. So I say we force march for a day or so. That way we can hopefully get some distance out of harms way. If not than Jason and Fy'Rin need to find a better place to set camp. We might think of setting up a ring pattern while those of us that sleep. So if need be a quick defence can be made. But those are my thought on the topic. "

*Ollumm start to get a move on with the rest fo the group*

"Jason or Fy'Rin do you see anything yet? Hopefully you spot some kind of track form last nights little party. I would like to know what is hunting us. So we can be hunting them if need be."
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*smiles at Varys Snow... then chats to him in a little kid whisper.

Varys Snow
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Varys Snow »

*Varys looks up from his conversation with Eli and nods to Ollum.*

“I agree we may need a better spot tonight. We don’t know who they are, if they are tracking us or why. If my memory serves, we’ll start getting into some hilly terrain after midday and we should be able to find a more secluded spot, hopefully a cave, when we stop for the night. I don’t think we need to force march. Yet. I came through here before with no problems. I don’t think we’re in anyone’s territory. I think they’re following us from Haven, which means they shouldn’t be able to get any more numbers here any easier than we can. Regardless, I don’t think everyone will be able to handle a forced march. Jason, Fy’ Rin, McEwan and Tarn are all still recovering from last night. We’ll need everyone able to stand and not tired out if we are set upon again tonight.

“Also, tonight when Eli casts his circle, I’ll want a ring around him for defense. They didn’t attack last night until he started casting. They could have attacked when we were distracted by those cats, but they didn’t, so I think there is some connection there. I was just asking Eli about it, but he doesn’t know. Anyway, I don’t want them to interrupt him again. We’ll stagger ourselves with shield bearers in every other position to protect him.

“We only have one more night to get through and we’ll be in Woodhold by noon tomorrow. We’ll be all right."

*He ducks his head back down and continues his conversation with Eli, smiling and nodding at the young elf's enthusiasm.*
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*puts his finger through the whole in his shirt where the arrow pirced his chest..

"yeah, no more arrows for me thanks... and MY new pet drake is for riding not eating! :) just think how quick I would be. I bet I could fly to that wood place and back in hours! say are we there yet? I mean for it being only a few hours walk.. it sure is taking a long time to get there. This must be the round about path. You know we should have just asked one of their mages to open a recieving circle or something, cause then pop were there. Speaking of which I need a spell that lets me talk to someone over a long distance. hmmm that would be useful. then I could tell Ug-alana :roll: when to come and not come. Too bad I don't have one of those. But that is hey look a butterfly, wow, *butterfly lands on his nose and tickles him... hehe so about my drake when you guy gonna catch one so I can tame him.. and speaking of him have you seen Ka, I mean he is big, I wonder if I could rid him.. I mean I know he isn't a drake or anything, but I bet if I stay between his horns, he could still run real fast, that would be neat, not neat like balls of magic neat, but maybe close to riding a snail, did you know they use to have giant snails that pulled waggons, those were ugly, but hard to kill, sorta slow, kinda like ka, but they were tough which is like ka. hmm I wonder if ka is part snail. I mean he lives in his metal shell, but is real quick, so maybe it is a cross between a snail and a horse, but horses don't have horns, so maybe it would be between a bull and a snail. but unlike a snail which is very passive he can be kinda grumpy, maybe he is part crab... speaking of crab, I kinda hungry, so I think we should pick some random berries and eat them on our way, except those little red round ones cause those make you sick, maybe we should eat the purple ones, those are good, speaking of purple I wonder how corban is doing? I mean he has only one eye and all so I doubt he will see danger coming if it gets to him from the left side, or is it right.. not sure they keep his eye in a jar though which is also good for holding berries, only you don't really want to hold berries in a jar with an eye, or after holding an eye, so you probably wanna wash it first, but berries are good for making jelly and I like jelly, did I mention I'm hungry, I think I'll have a sandwich.. yep, and some non-red berries, maybe an apple, I thought I saw a tree over there with apples in it, hope their not crab apples cause they would probably belong to Ka...

(this goes on for a while, but at the same time he keeps his shield up and his dagger out ready to squish baddies!)
:lilangel:

Tarn
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Tarn »

*Tarn wakes up, puts away anything he got out over the night and prepares for another long day's hike.*
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The march is fairly routine. About mid day the terrain gets hilley. Gentle rolling hills, nothing too difficult to climb. About an hour or two before dark the hills get steeper and rockier.

**OOG: Time to look for a camp. Someone with wilderness survival will be able to easily find a shallow cave not far from the trail.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You find a shallow cave just off of the path to bed down in for the night. There are no signs that this cave is in use or has been in use recently. The cave is cramped but offers good protection on all sides. The opening is just big enough to fit through. The fire at the mouth of the cave seems to ward off any unwelcomed visitors. the watches go uneventfully and a good night sleep is had by all.

**OOG: Just moving things along. We are going to break at dropping off Cathrine at Woodhold. The rest of the mapping expedition will be summarized later today. The ants nest will have to be taken care of in game due to the fighting involved
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*made sure to open his portals each time as was required incase the other heros needed to flee to a more secure location from their "brokenhill" quest. This time he was sure to be in the most secure part of the cave so as to avoid stray arrows!